Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

This morning I had a decision to make. I went to bed knowing I still needed to make it. I didn't think about it as I drifted off to sleep, nor dream about it. At 7:30 a.m. when I woke up, I opened my eyes and it was staring me in the face. I hate indecisiveness. It's not a life or death thing. It has nothing to do with any of the hard things in life we find ourselves doing. It's a very simple question that I could not find an answer to....so I flipped a coin and left it to the Lord. It's how I make decisions that don't really carry weight but have as many pros as cons.

"The lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof is of the LORD." ~Proverbs 16:33



I know it seems ridiculous but really, when I remember that the Lord is in charge of my day, it seems so simple. I don't want you to think I would just never make any kind of decision with knowledge and getting wisdom from council. Of course when faced with hard things, we pray, study, research, and then wait on the Lord, but I'm not talking about those life changing decisions (as far as I know). How do you make decisions that aren't really important?


By the way, us girls are riding into town with my Honey earlier rather than waiting to come later for our homeschool picnic. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment